Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Piedmont Boys


I recently had the opportunity to photograph a live band at The Handlebar in Greenville, SC. I must admit I was a little nervous as this was a far cry from photographing a traditional wedding ceremony or shooting a baby portrait but I was up for the challenge. Though most consider me a city girl, my roots run country deep. I grew up in a musically talented family, my father, grandfather, cousins and the like have God given talent singing and playing just about every musical instrument one can imagine. Though I didn't receive one ounce of that talent and can't sing a note I enjoy country music, which made it even more exciting to hang out with "TPB" for a night. The Piedmont Boys evolved from a two-piece Greenville bar act started in 2007 into a five-piece country-bluegrass band featuring Greg Payne (guitar/vocals), Chief Spires (bass/vocals), Brian Kennedy (drums), Adam Whitehead (lead guitar), and Matt Parks (fiddle/vocals). Named after the Piedmont Region of SC they have grown in popularity throughout the southeast with their southern charm and slap happy songs. Their recent concert at The Handlebar was filled to capacity with adoring fans belting out the lyrics right along with the band. Their fan base comes from all walks of life and an age span as long as the mason-dixon line and its no doubt TPB adore them. After an energetic late night performance the band still took the time to pose for pictures with their fans and share stories. You can check out these talented southern boys on their website at www.thepiedmontboys.com or follow them on Facebook. Special thanks to Todd Williams of Magnolia Studios for running lights for me on this shoot.


Click on photo to view larger image!


















































































































4 comments:

  1. Great pictures!!!! Makes you want to buy a CD. Good work, Tesha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These guys are really talented and were fun to work with.

      Delete
  2. Amazing job Tesha... very proud of you and your work.

    ReplyDelete